[mapserver-users] No transparency for layer

Henrique Rennó henrique.renno at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:54:44 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using a map file with "TRANSPARENT ON" and "IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255" in
order to make white becomes transparent for layers and it's working. The
problem is that I have one layer for roads where background is white and
becomes transparent but another layer for rivers where rivers are white, so
they are not displayed. Is there a way to indicate that for the rivers'
layer I don't want transparency to be applied? Both geometries are loaded
from a postgis database which I imported from shapefiles and the shapefiles
were not made by me. The strange thing is that if I set a color for the
rivers' layer within a style then the "background" is set to that color,
but I thought the rivers would be colored. That means the geometry is set
for everything except the rivers? That's strange.

Thanks in advance

--
Henrique