[mapserver-users] OGR Virtual Format and character encoding

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:37:39 PDT 2012

Frank

I am using <SrcDataSource>ODBC:..... in the OVF file.  I am parsing the
file using OGRinfo via commandline and the characters are looking odd
straight away.  Hadn't thought about using the spatial add-on for 2005, can
that be called directly from the mapfile instead?  I usually just use
shapefiles (performance surprising good), but have need of a SQL table of
point data (all over Europe - hence the character issues) updated via a
web-form to be called via MapServer and another application.  Any pointers
appreciated!

Cheers
Chris