[mapserver-users] [TinyOWS] TinyOWS 1.1.0 and the old good axis order trouble

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Dec 17 02:16:06 PST 2012

Hi,

I have been running TinyOWS r558 for quite a long time because it is dealing almost right with the axis order of the projections I am commonly using. Now I had a fast try with the current TinyOWS 1.1.0 version but unfortunately I realized that it is doing wrong thing by flipping the axis with urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067. That system is officially an Easting-Northing system and axis should not be flipped ever.  Also, TinyOWS does not flip the axes with urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2393 which is officially a Northing-Easting system and axis should be flipped with WFS 1.1.0

I can see that TinyOWS is flipping the axis with WFS 1.1.0 if I I give srsName=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067 or if I do not give it at all, which means the same because the uri-format is the default srsName.  Axis order is correct if I give it as srsName=EPSG:3067.  With EPSG:2393 axis are not flipped with either srsName format. What should be done next is to flip the behaviours of 2393 and 3067.

What is the logic that TinyOWS is using when it decides whether the axis should be flipped or not  for WFS 1.1.0?  Can I manipulate TinyOWS somehow myself to behave in a correct way with EPSG:2393 and EPSG:3067 by editing something in the PostGIS or in  TinyOWS sources?  Another question is that is it guaranteed that axis order is handled similarly everywhere, also in filters? I mean that can I trust that once TinyOWS someday will again send  urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::2393 data as Northing-Easting with WFS 1.1.0 it will then also treat the GML3 filters so that is knows that first comes Northing and then Easting?  Does the srsName format have the same meaning if filters, so that if short srsName is used then axis order is always Easting-Northing or lon-lat, but when the uri format is used then TinyOWS is trying to check the official axis with WFS 1.1.0?

-Jukka Rahkonen-