[mapserver-users] [TinyOWS] TinyOWS 1.1.0 and the old good axis order trouble

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:09:33 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>wrote:

Hi Jukka,

Nice to see you again here :)

I have been running TinyOWS r558 for quite a long time because it is
> dealing almost right with the axis order of the projections I am commonly
> using. Now I had a fast try with the current TinyOWS 1.1.0 version but
> unfortunately I realized that it is doing wrong thing by flipping the axis
> with urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067.

On this topic we will not make any progress, without a regression test.
(OGC CITE don't cover this issue)

Could you provide from a single point stored in the database,
requests and answers awaited ?

I could also try to write it by myself too,
but will definitly need you to read it back,
for all eastern stuff...

What is the logic that TinyOWS is using when it decides whether the axis
> should be flipped or not  for WFS 1.1.0?

Mainly 2 factors, as i recall:
 - if it's SRS or CRS (meaning EPSG:xxxx or urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::xxxx)
 - if SRTEXT contain both AXIS["X",NORTH]] and AXIS["Easting",EAST]]

--
Olivier