[mapserver-users] Trouble Configuring OpenGL in 6.0.2

Cyber Admin cyminace at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:38:49 PST 2012

Hello all-

I am new to MapServer.  I have been tasked with getting opengl working in
our environment and have been unable to do thus far.  I am working with
version 6.0.2.

Here is the part of my map file that I'm working with.

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "oglTest"
    DRIVER OGL/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    EXTENSION "png"
END

Here is the output from running ./shp2img --all_debug 15 -m
/var/www/htdocs/test2.map -o test2.png

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Unable to initialize image. <br>
OglContext::init(): Renderer error. DISPLAY environment variable not set

When I try to open the map in a browser, I just get a blank page.  The
lines below show up in /var/log/apache2/error.log.

[Fri Feb 17 19:12:34 2012] [error] [client <IP Address>] PHP Warning:
[MapServer Error]: loadOutputFormat(): OUTPUTFORMAT clause references
driver OGL/PNG, but this driver isn't configured.\n in
/var/www/htdocs/test2.html on line 3
[Fri Feb 17 19:12:34 2012] [error] [client <IP Address>] PHP Warning:
Failed to open map file ./test2.map in /var/www/htdocs/test2.html on line 3
[Fri Feb 17 19:12:34 2012] [error] [client <IP Address>] PHP Fatal error:
Call to a member function draw() on a non-object in
/var/www/htdocs/test2.html on line 4

I have found some posts where people have had similar issues, but no
solutions were mentioned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.