[mapserver-users] Re: FastCGI, MapServer and Apache on Linux

StefanII sschantz at bfs.de
Mon Feb 20 01:55:26 PST 2012

Hello,
this is a quite an old thread, but it helped me a lot until now.
As far as I understand, you prefer mod_fcgid than mod_fastcgi.

My remaining questions are:
1. Do I have to compile against mod_fcgi, if I want to use mod_fcgid or can
I use my mapserver, build against fastcgi?
2. Mike gives the following Apache configuration from the benmarking in
2010:
<IfModule fcgid_module>
  FcgidInitialEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/mapserverfull/lib:/oracle/instantclient_11_2:/opt/mapserver/lib
  FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
  FcgidIdleScanInterval 1
  FcgidProcessLifeTime 10
  FcgidIOTimeout 100
  FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
</IfModule>
There are serveral paths to libraries. Which libraries are relevant?

Thanks for helping and sorry for my english ;-)
Best regards,
Stefan