[mapserver-users] World file creation

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Jul 4 06:31:19 PDT 2012

Jeff,

   World files use projected x/y coordinates.  Use the Proj4 library
functions (in Mapscript)  to project the upper left and lower right
spherical lon/lat coordinates to x/y, then use the image size (length,
width)  to calculate the values for the world file
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file)

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser