[mapserver-users] Remote map server - data tweaking

Ruslan Nuryadin nuryadin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 21:51:59 PDT 2012

Hi,

When using Quantum GIS, I usually use SQL query where clause to filter
PostGIS dataset:
- at Add PostGIS Table(s) dialog, click Build query button
- fill in SQL where clause with any filter condition
- for bounding box filter, use intersection clause like

intersects(the_geom, 'SRID=4326;POLYGON((106 -7,107 -7,107 -6,106 -6,106 -7))')

this will filter dataset that closely match (106, -7) to (107, -6) bounding box

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check this TinyOWS example http://mapserver.org/trunk/tinyows/openlayershowtotransactional.html
>
> However, from what I know Qgis does not load all the features but only those which intersect the map window. "Open attribute table" seems to read the attributes from the whole table but for editing attributes of a single feature you can point it with the info tool and then open the "Edit feature form" with right click.
>
> QGis is also a WFS-T client and it can be used for editing data through TinyOWS. The current QGis development version seems to miss the bounding box filter option so it is now downloading the whole table through WSF. Therefore it is unusable with big WFS layers at the moment. Let's hope they will re-activate the BBOX check box soon.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Ruslan Nuryadin