[mapserver-users] Template Questions (was How to get layer name in an identify template?)

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jul 6 08:29:40 PDT 2012

That's not to say the references are completely current. ;-)

If you do run a across missing information or whatever it's easiest to just file a ticket, or drop a note to the mailing list.

To answer your other questions:

*         [bbox] is not a standard template tag. However, if you set a variable called "bbox" in your query request then that variable is available in template output (HTML escaped first to prevent cross-site scripting).

*         [shpext] and other feature specific tags can only be used within a [feature] block or in the old-style feature templates. Perhaps this can be made clearer in the docs.

Steve