[mapserver-users] wms_encoding

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Tue Jul 10 01:10:54 PDT 2012

> In a mapfile, I believe it's not possible to specify two
> different "wms_encoding" on a same layer. So, if I want to
> response with requests from openlayers and qgis, I must
> configure data in mapfile with two different layers (layer1
> with wms_encoding=ISO-8859-1, layer2 with wms_encoding=UTF8 ?
> is it ok ?

wms_encoding should go into MAP.WEB.METADATA section as it sets the
encoding for all responses of the web map service and doesn't deal
with individual layers.
  It should be noted that MapServer doesn't really encode WMS
map file and data sources. So those should be consistent.

You should check that HTTP headers match the encoding of your
template and data. QGIS should then be able to read it correctly.
If this is still not the case you should create an issue on qgis.org.