[mapserver-users] php_mapscript not being loaded

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Tue Jul 10 07:30:02 PDT 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

>>> And the php -i it spitting out a long list, but no errors.
>>>
>>> I have actually all PHP, GD, …, Mapserver from Kyngchaos. So, one single source. But strange enough, every computer seems different, and I ran into a couple of challenges.
>>>
>> I wonder if Apache is still using the system PHP?  The PHP version at the top of phpinfo() should match what you installed (OS X 10.7 system PHP is 5.3.10, on 10.6 is 5.3.8).
>>
>> Also, if the Apache log doesn't have anything, look at Console.app to see if there are any system errors (maybe it can't load a needed library).
>
> Ha, good one. Thanks a lot! Indeed, the phpinfo shows 5.3.8, the php -i shows 5.3.10. I am on OS X 10.7, however.
>
> What does that mean? I have a mixture of 10.6 and 10.7 on my machine? I have my Snow Leopard still installed on a spearate drive in the machine; does Apache load the php from there?

It says in php -i:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /etc
Loaded Configuration File => (none)
Scan this dir for additional .ini files => (none)
Additional .ini files parsed => (none)

The php.ini is in "/usr/local/php5cgi/lib/php.ini"

So, what should I do? Thanks for any hints! I see slowly light at the end of the tunnel….