[mapserver-users] php_mapscript not being loaded

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Thu Jul 12 01:35:23 PDT 2012

>>> I wonder if Apache is still using the system PHP?  The PHP version at the top of phpinfo() should match what you installed (OS X 10.7 system PHP is 5.3.10, on 10.6 is 5.3.8).
>>>
>>> Also, if the Apache log doesn't have anything, look at Console.app to see if there are any system errors (maybe it can't load a needed library).
>>
>> Ha, good one. Thanks a lot! Indeed, the phpinfo shows 5.3.8, the php -i shows 5.3.10. I am on OS X 10.7, however.
>>
>> What does that mean? I have a mixture of 10.6 and 10.7 on my machine? I have my Snow Leopard still installed on a spearate drive in the machine; does Apache load the php from there?
>
> My PHP installer is supposed to switch the PHP, but sometimes it doesn't.  Possibly because the apache config file was altered in a way to break my grep.  System updates are not supposed to change the apache config, but it's a possibility.
>
> You can try running the script manually from the PHP disk image:
>
>  sudo /Volumes/PHP\ 5/phpenable.sh cgi5
>
> then
>
>  sudo apachectl graceful

Thanks so much. Although it didn't solve the problem, I checked again the php -i, and then the /usr/local/php5cgi/bin/php -i, as I recognized there were still two different versions. And suddenly saw that error message, mapserver which doesn't match the cairo framework. I guess that after the first installation a few weeks ago, I newly installed mapserver; but the version had changed meanwhile, and required another Cairo version too. Gosh, complicated this stuff. Now, it works. Thanks to everybody for the useful tips!

Stef