[mapserver-users] Can Map Server serve non WMS services?

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jul 20 08:15:51 PDT 2012

We would have to know more about what the extensions do and how they are implemented to comment more in detail. There are certainly options. For example, you could use MapScript OWS support and develop a custom service that way. Another option would be to use GetFeatureInfo request paired with different responses (via template perhaps) to change the nature of the information returned.

Depending on how the extensions are implemented you might also be able to support the different response types using mod-rewrite or something like that.

Steve