[mapserver-users] Can Map Server serve non WMS services?

Sowmya Tiramdasu stiramdasu at qcoherent.com
Fri Jul 20 10:00:55 PDT 2012

Hi Steve,

 Thanks for the prompt reply. The request url for my service function is as
follows :

http://localhost:8080/sample?FORMAT=image/jpeg&EXCEPTIONS=INIMAGE&BGCOLOR=0x
000000&LAYERS=Points,Boundaries&STYLES=GroundElevation,Red&SERVICE=WMS&VERSI
ON=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetProfileView&SRS=EPSG:26910&LEFT_XY=491646.2272727273,545
8251.454545454&RIGHT_XY=492102.95454545453,5458268.909090909&DEPTH=20&SHOW_D
RAPELINE=FALSE&SHOW_GRATICULE=TRUE&WIDTH=833&HEIGHT=222&COLORIZATION=Classif
ication&FILTER=All

I guess this should give you some idea. Let me know if you want to know any
additional details.

So can you please give me an outline how I can use Map server to consume the
image coming from my above service? Also can you provide sample map file
entries to get this served up.

Thanks in advance,
Sowmya.
Sowmya Tiramdasu