[mapserver-users] Resolution of PDF Output

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer heuert at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Jul 24 04:19:00 PDT 2012

To answer my own question: PDF output is supported but raster layers are rendered as JPG and not PNG.

Would it be possible to render raster layers with a lossless image compression for better quality? I guess Mapfish Print still has its place because it supports nice marginalia. However, with PDF output support I would suspect Mapserver to be a lot quicker because it has direct access to the spatial db.

Wouldn't it be possible to request a PDF from Mapserver and then simply draw it onto another PDF with the marginalia around it? That would mean speed AND nicely formatted output.

Regards,
Tim