[mapserver-users] Mapserver as wms client error trace

Sowmya Tiramdasu stiramdasu at qcoherent.com
Wed Jul 25 13:49:48 PDT 2012

Hi Jeff,

 Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried the example ones and it works fine. The
problem is only with my WMS Server. The data I have( shape files, ortho
images and the Las file[This is being rendered by my WMS Server]) are all in
the same projection and I gave the extents of the map also accordingly. With
the same projection and extents I am able to render the ortho images and
shape files using map server, but not able to render the image from my WMS
Server.

How can I check if my extents are right and the projection information I
provided is right ? Are there any Tips or best practices to achieve this?
Also, can you guide me to a good tutorial where I can understand all this
projection stuff. I am fairly new to GIS domain.

Thanks again for your patience in trying to help me. Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Sowmya.
Sowmya Tiramdasu
QCoherent Software