[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 00:27:50 PDT 2012

Henrique Rennó wrote:
> I tried to find a solution to my problem using google but with no success. I'm
> using WinXP and just installed ms4w from the zip file. After executing
> apache-install.bat, the localhost showed me the mapserver webpage as it should.
> I also loaded a shapefile using mapserv.exe after configuring a map file. Now I
> want to load the shapefile using mapscript, but it seems that apache has a
> problem with php as I wrote a simple php file to show phpinfo and it just shows
> the file content, that is, apache didn't use the php-cgi.exe script to
> understand php files. The mime section contains AddType and Action set to .php
> and /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe. What could be the problem?

What is ScriptAlias set to?
Using php as CGI usually means that it's pointing to the PHP directory, which is
where php-cgi.exe is located, but I'm fairly sure mapserver uses the
conventional location for cgi-bin ... in the apache directory

I've been doing my own installations of Apache/PHP/Firebird/Mapserver, so
haven't checked out the 'default' recently ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL