[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 05:22:43 PDT 2012

Henrique Rennó wrote:
>         The mime section contains AddType and Action set to .php
>         and /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe. What could be the problem?
>

>     What is ScriptAlias set to?
>     Using php as CGI usually means that it's pointing to the PHP directory,
>     which is where php-cgi.exe is located, but I'm fairly sure mapserver uses
>     the conventional location for cgi-bin ... in the apache directory
>
>     I've been doing my own installations of Apache/PHP/Firebird/Mapserver, so
>     haven't checked out the 'default' recently ...
>

> Thanks for your reply. The ScriptAlias seems to be right: ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
> "/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/"
> I never used or configured Apache and PHP, so I'm a little lost, but the website
> said ms4w would have everything properly configured, so I didn't bother with
> these. Do you think the only solution would be to configure manually both Apache
> and PHP?

That is sort of what I was expecting ... but is php-cgi.exe located in that
directory? Having PHP running with Apache is normally the starting point before
adding Mapserver, so WAS PHP working ... you probably did not test?

Personally I run php as an apache module ...

in httpd,conf
LoadModule php5_module       c:\Network\PHP5\php5apache2_2.dll

So I don't have to mix up with the cgi stuff, but it depends on which version
you downloaded ...
6.0.3? It might be worth trying the installer instead. PHP is an option as far
as I can see, so would need to be enabled while installing. I'm just grabbing a
copy of the zip so I can check it out anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL