[mapserver-users] MapCache - A way to delete a whole zoom level ?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jun 4 06:22:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

Just guessing without knowing anything about Berkeley DB, but if it is like other databases it would probably need vacuuming after delete before it really frees any disk space. And if you do mass delete and Berkeley DB behaves even closely similarly than SQLite, vacuuming may be extremely slow. In that case if might be faster to copy everything that has remained in the old database into a new database but with zillions of tiles that can take a long time too. But as I said, I am just guessing.

-Jukka Rahkonen-