[mapserver-users] accessing different band values in the same layer

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Thu Jun 14 06:18:36 PDT 2012

Helen,

It does not appear that you can. Based on the docs

Raster classifications always take place on only one raster band. It
defaults to the first band in the referenced file, but this can be altered
with the BANDS PROCESSING directive. In particular this means that
including even a single CLASS declaration in a raster layer will result in
the raster layer being rendered using the one band classification rules
instead of other rules that might have applied (such as 3 band RGB
rendering).

http://mapserver.org/input/raster.html

You could have multiple layers and do classification on each band by
changing the first value in the PROCESSING BANDS directive.

Mike