[mapserver-users] PostGIS Raster and WMS Time

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 01:58:45 PDT 2012

Hi list,

I have some raster based time series data which I'm currently providing with WMS Time through MapServer and PostGIS Tile Index for Raster Imagery, as it is described in the documentation [1].

Then I put the raster data from my filesystem into my PostGIS database using PostGIS 2.0 Raster (1 row = 1 image) and adding a date column. Providing only one raster data through MapServer und PostGIS works fine, but how it is possible to provide it as WMS Time using the TIME parameter in the GetMap request? I tried it using the Tile Index (the same way as I tested it with raster data in the file system) and TILEITEM "raster" (raster column), but this did not work.

Is there another possibility for using WMS Time with raster data within PostGIS at the moment?

Thanks for your answers,
Jonas

[1] = http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_time.html