[mapserver-users] EPSG 27493

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jun 21 07:19:38 PDT 2012

luisbap wrote

> Viva,sou novo no grupo (e no Mapserver) como tal, saudações a todos os
> utilizadores.
> Estou a usar MS4W, na versão 6.0.2 do Mapserver, com dados em Oracle
> Spatial 10.2.Ao utilizar os dados de sample Itasca alterei o mapfile para
> ir ler os dados que tenho em Oracle Spatial. Para isso estou a usar a
> ligação nativa do Mapserver.Os dados em Oracle estão com o SRID=4274 e os
> índices espaciais estão devidamente configurados. A coluna de geometria
> intitula-se "GEOM"Os dados deverão ser apresentados em Datum 73
> (projectados, em metros).
> O que acontece é que a página entra, não dá qualquer erro, gera a imagem,
> mas em branco.Estive a ver o ficheiro EPSG e o "27493" não consta, diz que
> "# Unable to translate coordinate system EPSG:27493 into PROJ.4 format."
> O layer não é projectado porquê?a) Porque não tem EPSG:27493 na lista? O
> Mapfile está com algum erro? A ligação oraclespatial não funciona?
> Abaixo envio o meu mapfile.Desde já obrigado pelas sugestõesLuis

Hello Luis,

Here are my thoughts on your issue:

- I am using MS4W 3.0.6 (MapServer 6.0.3) locally, so my comments are
related to that version
- your MAP-level projection is your output projection (in your case
EPSG:27493)
- make sure your EXTENT and UNITS values match that output projection (I
notice that you mistakenly have your units in DD, but your output
projection's units are actually meters)
- for your MAP-level projection block, I would use:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:27493"
  END

- you need to tell MapServer what your LAYER projection is, so you need to
add a PROJECTION block into your layer:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4274"
  END

- if you are still having troubles, try to just view that layer in its
source projection, but removing any PROJECTION block from the mapfile, and
getting the EXTENT parameter from an ogrinfo command on that Oracle table.

I hope that helps a little.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna