[mapserver-users] Avoid label overlaps

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Jun 24 12:53:29 PDT 2012

Andrea,

This is the way mapserver should work, so it sounds like a bug in trunk.
LABELCACHE ON shoudl be the default case and you do not need to
explicitly put it in the mapfile. Make sure you do not have FORCE ON on
any of your LABEL blocks as this make that label blind to the label
cache mechanism.

Ideally if you can make a trival mapfile that reproduces this and
include it in a bug, I'm sure someone will resolve it quickly.

-Steve W