[mapserver-users] Grouping WFS Layers to Output One GML file

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 12:54:36 PDT 2012

Is it possible to group WFS layers, in much the same way as WMS:
"wms_group_title" "Several_Layers", so that a single gml file is returned
from Mapserver?

To explain what I'm trying to do: I want to output several WFS layers as GML
so that they can be imported to another program as a single GML file. I
would like to make this file available as a url, i.e. right click - save as,
so that the user could then import the lot as a single file.

The easiest way for me to do this would be if I could group the WFS layers
at the Mapserver level and provide a link to that WFS request.

Alternatively, can anyone provide some ideas as to how this could be done
by, for example, OpenLayers (I know, wrong group!) or maybe some sort of
server side joining of multiple WFS layers.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald