[mapserver-users] mapcache: labels and symbols getting clipped at tile edges

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 2 11:35:41 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have setup mapcache which is working great but I amd getting text
labels and symbols along the metatile edges that are getting clipped.
IE: they are getting rendered and the left tile and then chopped but not
in the right tile so I end up with parts of symbols and text :(

I have <metabuffer>50</metabuffer> which I increased from 30 without
without improving the issue.

   <tileset name="tiger-base">
     <source>tiger2011</source>
     <cache>disk</cache>
     <grid>WGS84</grid>
     <grid>g</grid>
     <format>PNGQ_FAST</format>
     <metatile>5 5</metatile>
     <metabuffer>50</metabuffer>
     <expires>3600</expires>
   </tileset>

This is happening for highway shields and for city names. Bith of these
are Annotation layers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
   -Steve W