[mapserver-users] MapCache - A way to reduce BerkeleyDB Cache size ?

Ludovic Gnemmi lgnemmi at rgd73-74.fr
Wed May 23 06:55:07 PDT 2012

Hi list,
I would like to experiment Berkeley DB cache type but i'm surprised of the
resulting db size compared to sqlite cache type. Here is my results for
about 13000 tiles:

Total tiles size  = 44 Mb
Sqlite = 48 Mb
Berkeley DB = 61 Mb
Disk = 66 Mb (with 4kb filesystem block size)

I thought i could reduce storage capacity with Berkeley DB cache type as
with Sqlite but it seems there is not much difference with disk cache type.
Is there a way to reduce Berkeley DB cache size ?

Thanks for your help

Ludovic