[mapserver-users] Cut off/missing tiles

Charlie Allgrove charlie.allgrove at connectionservices.com
Thu May 24 03:34:42 PDT 2012

Hi

I have an issue which seems to relate to tile-edge buffering and world-view
zoom levels.

There's an example page at http://mapserver.magicsite.co.uk

When you first visit the page, all seems normal, until you zoom out 1 level,
at which point the tile which should sit over the west of the US doesn't
display.

>From what I can see, when tile-edge buffering is ON and the tile next tile
wraps around the world, the tile in question is not rendered.

Turn edge-buffering off and that tile is rendered correctly. Unfortunately,
I'm in a position where I can't turn the buffering off.

from the mapfile:
WEB

    METADATA

        "wms_title" "xxxx"

        "wms_onlineresource" "xxxx"

        "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"

        "tile_map_edge_buffer" "9" # 9 pixel rendering buffer

        "http_max_age" "86400"

    END

  END

As far as I can tell, everything else is working correctly.

What I'm not clear on - is this a bug in the edge buffering within the
software, or am I doing something wrong?

The server running the example URL is  currently using version 5.7-dev, but
the same issue is also apparent on a production server running v6.0.2

Interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

Regards

Charlie

--

Charlie Allgrove

Senior Developer

Connection Services :: Business Mobility for a Wireless World

Connection Services Ltd is a company incorporated under the laws of England
and Wales with company number 6520674 whose registered office is at Griffins
Court, 24-32 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1JX. The information in
this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If you
are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments
and notify the sender of misdelivery: any use or disclosure of the contents
of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. All liability for viruses is
excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender. In accordance with the
provisions of its Terms of Business the Company does not accept instructions
or the creation of contractual obligations by unconfirmed electronic
transmission.