[mapserver-users] OGRVRT Data Sources and SQL server

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:01:43 PDT 2012

Hi all

Has anyone got much experience of using OGRVRT Data Sources in Windows with
SQL server system DSNs?  I am having an issue with system DSN connection
type (windows authentication will work fine and proceses the table fine,
sql authentication - get not trusted connection (both authentication types
enabled in instance)) when testing via ogrinfo commandline.

Then if I take the working code forward then I can't render the layer in a
map output via say shp2img commandline or final map application. Map code
below:

  LAYER
    NAME "virtual"
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION
"<OGRVRTDataSource>

    <OGRVRTLayer
name='omreg1'>

        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:@omreg1</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM
dbo.Site</SrcSQL>

        <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='SiteLong'
y='SiteLat'/>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>

</OGRVRTLayer>

</OGRVRTDataSource>" # the name and path to the virtual.ovf file, relative
to shapepath may work?
   DATA "omreg1"
     TEMPLATE void
     PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:4326"
      END
     METADATA
       "wms_srs"   "4326"
       "wms_title"   "virtual"
     END
        SIZEUNITS PIXELS
        STATUS ON
        TOLERANCE 0
        TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
        UNITS METERS
  CLASS
    NAME "Virtual"
    COLOR 255 0 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
    SYMBOL 'kreuz4'
    SIZE 6
  END  # Class
END

My version of mapserver is a little old (5.6.1).  I wonder whether I need
to set any extra SQL related env variables.....

Any assistance much appreciated!

Thanks
Chris