[mapserver-users] python scripting and layers

Jessica Clarke Jessica.Clarke at forestrytas.com.au
Tue May 29 21:53:07 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm just playing around with some ideas at the moment, so I'm not sure
if this will make sense...

Is it possible to use a python script to add a layer to an existing
mapfile?

I have an appliaction that sends a request to mapserver for a map, but
I want to be able to add a related shape to the map if the user asks for
it.

I'm trying to avoid re-writing all the mapfiles to allow for this
(there are 30ish)...

Any help or direction would be appreciated,
Jess

Jessica Clarke
GIS Infrastructure Officer

Forestry Tasmania
79 Melville Street
Hobart Tas 7000
(03) 6235 8197

Growing tomorrow's high conservation value forests ‑ Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP6XCailI‑A

This transmission is intended solely for the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If you have received this transmission in error, you may not use, copy
or distribute it.
Please advise us by return e-mail or by phoning 61 3 6235 8333 and
immediately delete the transmission in its entirety.
We will meet your reasonable expenses of notifying us.
Despite our use of anti-virus software, Forestry Tasmania cannot
guarantee that this transmission is virus-free.