[mapserver-users] MapCache - A way to reduce BerkeleyDB Cache size ?

Ludovic Gnemmi lgnemmi at rgd73-74.fr
Wed May 30 01:37:35 PDT 2012

Salut Thomas,
I've changed the default page size (pagesize=1k)  as you mention and the
size of my Berkeley test DB is now exactly the same as SQLite DB (48 Mo in
my test) :)

Yes it would be great to make it configurable in mapcache.xml as an advanced
configuration option.

But do you think that the use of pagesize=1ko will have a lot of effects on
read/write process? I'm afraid of loosing performance.

Thanks your help.

Ludovic