[mapserver-users] On a wms-request force the add of a layer when another layer is requested

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 05:57:22 PDT 2012

Hi,
I'm using MapServer trunk version.

Thx to Stephen Woodbridge response,
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2012-May/072326.html)

I'm able to avoid the use of a single layer of a group.

Now I have another (perhaps) more complex question.

I need to realize a map file with a configuration that
when the Layer1 is ligh-on from the user (using a wms request), the map
response will contains also another "Layer2".

But I cannot use the "group" element because the two layers (Layer1 and
layer2) are not in the same group.
They are in two distinct and different groups.

So I guess to allow this should be available a command like "requires", but
that force the light-on of Layer2 instead of deny the light-on of the
layer1.

Is this available on mapServer ?

thx,

--