[mapserver-users] WFS fails if table name includes a dot character

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 9 07:51:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

It may be an odd idea to use dots in table/feature type names, but because I made such a test and faced a problem so I report it here.
Source table is in PostGIS and its name is "dot.test".  WFS DescribeFeatureType leads to following error

[Tue Oct  9 10:56:02 2012].214191 msPostGISLayerGetItems(): Query error. Error
(ERROR:  schema "dot" does not exist
LINE 1: select * from dot.test where false limit 0
                      ^
) executing SQL: select * from dot.test where false limit 0
[Tue Oct  9 10:57:12 2012].923891 msPostGISLayerGetItems(): Query error. Error
(ERROR:  schema "dot" does not exist
LINE 1: select * from dot.test where false limit 0
                      ^
) executing SQL: select * from dot.test where false limit 0

-Jukka Rahkonen-