[mapserver-users] TinyOWS wrong call in OpenLayers - 'InvalidParameterValue' - XML request isn't valid

Riccardo Gaeta riccardog79 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:17:00 PDT 2012

Ok.
First of all I have to say that I use as Apache the EntrepriseDB-ApachePHP,
installed by PostgreSQL "Application Stack Builder", I don't know if this
could be the problem...
Anyway, for Tinyows I unzip the file:
tinyows-1.0.0rc3-ms4w3.0.zip

Then:

- I've moved the folder "tinyows" (with the folder "schema" and the
"config.xml") in "C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP"

- I've moved the file "tinyows.exe" in
"C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\apache\cgi-bin"

- I've moved the file "http_tinyows.conf" in
"C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\apache\conf\addons"

- I've changed the content of the file "http_tinyows.conf" in:
# set environment vars necessary for Tinyows:
SetEnv TINYOWS_CONFIG_FILE
"C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\tinyows\config.xml"
SetEnv TINYOWS_SCHEMA_DIR
"C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\tinyows\schema\"

- I've added the follow lines at the end of the "httpd.conf":
Alias /tinyows/ "C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\tinyows\"

<Directory "C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\tinyows">
AllowOverride None
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

- In the head of the file "config.xml" I put:
<tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1:8080/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe"
schema_dir="C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\apache\www\tinyows\schema\"
log="C:\PostgreSQL\EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP\apache\logs\tinyows.log"
log_level="7">

Hope this could help.
Now I'm trying to do some test with the older version 0.9.0, I'll let you
know.

Riccardo