[mapserver-users] Style paramter of WMS request

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 23 00:15:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have never cascaded any WMS service that supports styles but according to Mapserver WMS client documentation you have done it right.
You must first capture the requests that Mapserver is really sending to the remote server. That is easy, just add line DEBUG 5 into your layer definitions and then you will see all the WMS requests from your MS_ERRORFILE.  Check if the requests are using &STYLES=AllIntensity. If not, it may be a Mapserver bug or some typo in the Mapfile.  If request contains the correct STYLES, copy the request and test it with a browser.  The remote server may not work as it should. If the request looks right but the response wrong, email the GetMap URL for the administrator of the remote WMS and tell about your problem.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
Sowmya Tiramdasu wrote:

Hi,

  I have a mapfile in which one layer is a wms layer. I need to provide style information of WMS getmap request in the WMS Layer.

Under the Metadata i gave "wms_style" "AllIntensity"  but it is just giving back the default style. Can anyone please throw some light on this topic. How to achieve the required style output through the WMS layer in the mapfile ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sowmya.
Sowmya Tiramdasu
GeoCue Corporation