[mapserver-users] mapserver and php

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Oct 28 12:53:22 PDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 2:47 PM, Vince Miller wrote:
> Thanks again for helping me make progress on this. The recomile seems to have gone fine, but the php script still crashes without any message on its first encounter with an ms_ function, specifically:
>
> $map = ms_newMapObj('/var/www/eunomi0/www/maps/eunomi0.map');
>
> The .map file is there. The new mapserv file is in the /usr/lib/cgi-bin directory. This worked fine on the old server with older versions of everything.
>
> Any more advice?
> Thanks again.

What does this do:

shp2img -m /var/www/eunomi0/www/maps/eunomi0.map -o junk.png

if it crashes then report the output from this:

gdb shp2img
run -m /var/www/eunomi0/www/maps/eunomi0.map -o junk.png
bt
quit

You might need to reconfigure mapserver with --enable-debug and
recompile and install it.

Any reason you are not using existing ubuntu packages?

apt-get install php5-mapscript

apt-cache search mapserver
apt-cache search mapscript

you might need to locate a ppa that has the most recent builds in them.

google: ubuntu ppa mapserver

-Steve