[mapserver-users] accessing map->web->imagepath causes segmentation fault

Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ) Robert.Burgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Mon Oct 29 11:55:09 PDT 2012

Hello - I am struggling during a system migration (replaced my database node) and seem to have found some troubles along the way.

Using: php mapscript
Mapserv Version: 6.0.1

As mentioned, all seems well until I try to access the property for the web path, like so:

<snip>
   $annotation = $annotlayer->getClass(0);
   $annotlayer->set("status",MS_ON);
   $annotation->setText($annotext);

   $image = $amap->map->draw();
   $ext = $amap->getImageExt();
   error_log("Getting image path");
   $imagepath = $amap->map->web->imagepath;
</snip>

As mentioned, this seemed to be working fine until I had to replace my database node with a backup.   I realize this is probably something goofy,  but I am hoping someone out there may have experienced similarly difficult errors.  All layers have debugging on, and there is nothing troubling in the mapserv.log file, just the following in the apache log:

>> child pid 25853 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Thanks,
r.b.