[mapserver-users] Saving an image from a query

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Tue Oct 30 08:23:33 PDT 2012

Hi David,

depending on your environemnt you use for your server you may use any
scripting language, when you pass the image-request to a script, e.g. use

-php
-ruby
-python
-java

either of them is offering any method to save images.

For simpe php you find some hints and code-examples here:
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?533586-php-save-image-to-folder-from-web

Regards,

Till

On 30.10.2012 16:04, David Quinn wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to understand how to save an image as a result of a query.
> One approach that I have experimented with is using `wget` to save the
> file but I've been getting an error message (I asked a question on
> this here: http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/37813/how-to-save-mapserver-output-to-a-file
> )
>
> Is there a better way than using "wget
> http://mysite.com/mapserv.cgi?map=../../mapfiles/demo.map&layer=land&mode=map&FORMAT=image/png"
> to store a image resulting from a query?
>
> After using "wget" my log shows the following message:
>
> [Tue Oct 30 14:49:02 2012].580951 msWCSDispatch20(): wrong service (none)
> [Tue Oct 30 14:49:02 2012].581041 msWCSParseRequest(): request is KVP.
> [Tue Oct 30 14:49:02 2012].581049 msWCSDispatch(): SERVICE and REQUEST
> not included
> [Tue Oct 30 14:49:02 2012].581064 mapserv(): Web application error.
> Traditional BROWSE mode requires a TEMPLATE in the WEB section, but
> none was provided.
>
> Thanks,
> David

NEWS:
-> Support OpenLayers 3 !
 http://openlayers.org/blog/2012/10/17/openlayers-3-call-for-funding/

-> GO Mobile - jetzt WebGIS auch auf Smartphones
-> Bald OpenSource! SHOGun - das JavaBackend für WebGIS Anwendungen

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Puetzchens Chaussee 56
53227 Bonn
Germany