[mapserver-users] Methods to include a basemap on the server-side

David Quinn daithiquinn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:52:15 PDT 2012

Hi List,

I'm exploring if there any ways in which a basemap from an external source
can be incorporated into MapServer on the server side.

I was considering overlaying a road network which is rendered by Mapserver
onto an existing basemap. I am interest in a basemap of a similar type to
Google or Openstreetmap. I'm not sure if there any services (WMS or other)
that allow their tiles to be used in this way, but I thought I would check.

Thanks,
David