[mapserver-users] Best way to do a batch reprojection (on windows)

James_in_Utah James.Evans at hill.af.mil
Wed Aug 7 13:35:00 PDT 2013

Hi,
I have the NAIP imagery for CONUS, and it's rather large.  About 4.2TBs, of
JP2 files.  It's projected in 10 UTM zones across the country.  If I'm going
to offer a single layer with Mapserver, I think I have to reproject all of
the files into a single projection, say WGS84.  I'm trying to figure out a
good way to do that.  GlobalMapper seems to have this function.  I loaded up
all the data from Alabama, and told it to convert the projection.  It's been
working at it for about 8 hours and I see no sign of progress.  I tried
creating a batch file to call GdalWarp, but for some reason that's getting
an error.  Here's the line from my batch:

for %%f in (*.jp2) do gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:4326 %%f c:\out\%%f

The error is saying 4326 can't be found in the GSC.CSV, even though it is
plainly in there.  Even if I get this working, this wiill still be very
tedious.  The data is divide up by states, and under the state directory,
there are dozens of subdirectories.  I would need some sort of script to
walk through the directories.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to efficiently reproject this large amount
of data it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
James