[mapserver-users] vector Symbol and anchorpoint

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 04:07:05 PDT 2013

Hi,
thx for response.

I try to set this symbol:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "test"
    TYPE vector
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS
       0.0 0.0
       1.0 0.0
       0.5 0.0
       0.5 0.5
    END
    ANCHORPOINT 0.0 0.0
  END

But mapserver seem move the line by 0.5.

I show in the attached image (img1) the problem.
The filled green is the real polygon.
Instead the red is the symbol I try to define with "test".
As you can see the red line is not in the exact outline but 0.5 moved.

I notice also that if I define this other kind of symbol:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "chiodo"
    TYPE vector
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS
       0.0 0.0
       1.0 0.0
       0.5 0.0
#       0.5 0.5
    END
    ANCHORPOINT 0.0 0.0
  END

Where I  comment the perpendicul segment,
the result is a red line exactly on the outline.
I show this in the img2 attacched.

So mapserver seem move the symbol when there is a perpendicular segment.

Is this a bug or I don't understand how work the symbols ?

Thx,

Andrea.