[mapserver-users] draw map at a precise scale

Michael McInnis mmcinnis59 at msn.com
Mon Aug 12 11:02:20 PDT 2013

I've been searching for a way to draw my map at a specific map location and a specific scale.
IE -90, 38 (Decimal Degree) at 1:100,000 scale
I've seen the zoomscale() and zoompoint() functions but they appear to be pixel coordinate driven and require extents which you wouldn't know, that's the point.
I can write the math to do the extent calculation manually but figure this is such a basic functionality it mustalready exist in mapserver?
Anyone done this before?
Thanks

Michael McInnis