[mapserver-users] Best way to do a batch reprojection (on windows)

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Aug 13 03:11:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would say that the multi-projection tileindex is the way to go. You can experiment by downloading first Mapserver dev version from http://gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-gdal-mapserver.zip. Then you can
a) make a backup copy of your  C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin  directory
b) copy all the dll files from \DGAL_dev\bin into C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin
c) copy mapserv.exe from \GDAL_dev\bin\ms\apps into C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin

Now you *may* have a MS4W version which supports multi-projection tileindexes. For sure this installation is not production safe and Mapserver with mixed binaries may not work at all. Better option would be to contact Gateway Geomatics http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/ and ask them to make a custom MS4W build for you but then I suppose you must be prepared to use some money for making things happen fast.

-Jukka Rahkonen-