[mapserver-users] ScribeUI: Possible segmentation fault on Ubuntu 12.04

Jessica Lapointe jlapointe at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 14 09:21:34 PDT 2013

Hi Luis,

ScribeUI uses the flask framework, and this url might help:
http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/deploying/mod_wsgi/

In particular, this part: "If you encounter segfaulting child
processes after the first apache reload you can safely ignore them.
Just restart the server." Did you try restarting apache ?

About the logs, when python fails, it outputs to the apache2 error
logs. That leads me to think no python is actually executed and we
have an error earlier than that.

The apache config only define a few alias, those are quite passive and
should not crash apache. I think this is unlikely to change anything,
but you could try putting the config in your virtual host, I appended
an example at the end of this email.

Thanks,
Jessica

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

WSGIScriptAlias /ScribeUI /opt/apps/ScribeUI/application/runserver.py
AddType text/html .py
<Directory /opt/apps/ScribeUI/application/templates>
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /ScribeUI/download/ "/opt/apps/ScribeUI/application/www/"
<Directory "/opt/apps/ScribeUI/application/www/">
  AllowOverride None
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>