[mapserver-users] Build Perl-Mapscript om Windows

Helmut Seidel M.A. info at knowhow-la.de
Mon Feb 18 07:46:08 PST 2013

Hello everybody,

my employer wants me to start a mapserver project with perl MapScript in
a Windows environment, as we do most of our programming in Perl. I've
tried some html-coding with mapserver and a few very basic perl
MapScript examples on my Linux machine so far.

Now comes the task of moving to windows. I have learned that all binary
distributions do not come with Perl MapScript, so it seems I have to
build Mapserver from source. (I've only ever built minor projects from
source - so maybe not everything I say is quite correct). I've browsed
the net for two day now (not all the time) but I couldn't find
instructions how to build Mapserver with Perl MapScript support.

So can anybody please give a few instructions (for built-newbees) howto
build Perl Mapscript?

Thanks and regards