[mapserver-users] How retrieve the maxsize information with anhttprequest

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jan 30 02:18:12 PST 2013

Hi,

I am a WMS server admin myself and I would not be worried about such use.  They are just GetMaps and 20 or 100 GetMaps more in not an attack for my mind.  Think about any OpenLayers application sending tiled GetMaps for a WMS server.  They typically send more than 50 requests per every pan or zoom.  Naturally when searching for the maximum image size there would be a few rather big WIDTHs and HEIGTHs but it would be enough to do the scanning once per session or even better, save the values on your computer for future needs.  If the result is that WMS client caches some data it would mean less new GetMaps for our server later and that would be fine.

-Jukka Rahkonen-