[mapserver-users] wfs_namespace_prefix / DescribeLayer Response

Lars Lingner gislars+list at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 1 02:35:58 PDT 2013

Hello,

while setting up MapServer and TinyOWS I'm facing a problem configuring
wfs_namespace_prefix.

My WEB-METADATA
"wms_onlineresource" "http://1.1.1.1:81/cgi-bin/wms"
"wfs_onlineresource" "http://1.1.1.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows"
"wfs_title" "WFS Dienst"
"wfs_namespace_prefix" "tows"
"ows_enable_request" "*"

LAYER
    METADATA
      'ows_title' 'WFS Punktobjekte'
    END
 NAME "wfsobjects"
END

TinyOWS is configured via xml file. The MapServer is offering WMS and is
advertising the WFS onlineresource.

<WMS_DescribeLayerResponse version="1.1.1">
<script/>
<LayerDescription name="wfsobjects"
wfs="http://1.1.1.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows" owsType="WFS"
owsURL="http://1.1.1.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows">
<Query typeName="wfsobjects"/>
</LayerDescription>
</WMS_DescribeLayerResponse>

Somehow the namespace prefix isn't advertised. Shouldn't it be included
in the typeName?

Am I missing something obvious? Does someone have a working setup and
can help here?

Since the namespace prefix is mandatory, I cant disable it in the
TineOWS configuration.

Thanks in advance

Lars