[mapserver-users] Mapscript 6.2 / sql plugin bug for multipart geometries

James Perrins james.perrins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 03:17:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

I recently moved from Mapserver 6.0 to 6.21 and have one bit of code which
is behaving differently (and I think incorrectly)

In 6.0 when a resultCacheObj was returned containing a multipart
geometry, oResults.bounds.maxx etc would give the extent of the multipart
geometry.

In 6.2 this seems to now give the extent of only one part of the multipart
geometry (presumably the first / last?)

I have worked around this for the moment - but its a definite change from
6.0 and I can't really see it being meant.

However I don't know where the error lies - data is coming from SQL using
Tamas SQL plugin - so potentially it could be in there - or somewhere in
mapserver itself I guess

Thanks
James