[mapserver-users] Ogrtileindex troubles with MS 6.2 on Linux

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jul 17 09:53:07 PDT 2013

Reproduced and fixed : https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4712

> 2) Http 503 server error when using OGR connection and SLD_BODY in the WMS
> GetMap request. The original source files with uppercase characters in the
> file names work in stardard WMS usage by using OGR connection instead of
> the native one CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
> TILEINDEX "ogrtindextest.shp,0"
>
> However, our application is sending WMS GetMaps with SLD_BODY parameter and
> with OGR connection the result is always a server error.
>
> I have made a test on Windows with MS4W and Mapserver version 6.3-dev and I
> can not reproduce those errors. I prepared a complete zip file from my
> MS4W test set-up with mapfile, couple of original shapefiles,
> corresponding ogrtindex file and GetMap request with SLD_BODY and it is
> downloadable from here
> http://latuviitta.org/downloads/mapserver_62_trouble_with_ogrtindex.zip
>
> As I said there are no troubles with MS4W but on our Linux server the
> ogrtindex does not work with native connection and with OGR connection
> using SLD_BODY in the GetMap request leads to server error.
>
> The problem is not acute for us anymore because I have renamed the original
> shapefiles to lowercase and now we can use the native tindex connection
> and SLD_BODY works. However, it took so many hours to to analyze the
> problem that I think it is worth reporting my findings here.

I didn't reproduce the problem. I couldn't use directly your ogrtindextest.shp
as it contained full (Windows) path names, so I recreated a new one. I fail to
see how SLD_BODY and uppercase/lowercase could interact...

> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Geospatial professional services