[mapserver-users] mapserv ERROR glibc detected

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Thu Jul 25 01:56:56 PDT 2013

> We sometimes get this error in the apache error log
> *** glibc detected *** /srv/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: double free
> or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000001c99090 ***
>
> We don't know how to reproduce this error.
>
> Anyone had this error before? Any idea on what we could try
> to reproduce it?

That's a bug in MS. However, if it can not be reproduced you
need to be very lucky to find the cause.
You can try to correlate the time of the error with your access.log
to find the request that triggers the fault. They might diverge a bit
so you need to try a bunch of request around the time.
If the bug is in the cleanup code you might still get valid responses
and MS just clutters your log files faulting while shutting down itself.