[mapserver-users] How set correct encoding for Mysql OGR connection

Michal Seidl michal.seidl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 02:24:50 PDT 2013

Hello,
I have problem with LABEL diacritics rendered into image by Mapserver
for WMS. Everything work OK untill data where in PostGIS. Now data are
stored in MySQL and diacritic is wrong.

I thing there is something wrong with default mysql server setting (like
character_set_results, character_set_connection etc). Unfortunately I
can change these global server settings.

Is there any parametr in OGR:MySQL connection string to set these
encoding? Or any OGR:MySQL config.file.

Mapserver 5.6 (unless mapserv -v does not display ICONV it looks it
supports ENCODING = "UTF-8" tag for LABEL, but unfortunately does not help)
Mysql version 5.0

Thanks Michal